• Maths@Singapore Pte Ltd is a company registered in the Republic of Singapore, and subject to Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Overview-of-PDPA/The-Legislation/Personal-Data-Protection-Act). This Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out the basis which Maths@Singapore Pte Ltd (“Maths@Singapore”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process Personal Data of our Clients in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Policy applies to Personal Data in our possession or under our control, including Personal Data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process Personal Data for our purposes. All laws (“laws”, or “law”) within this Policy refers to the laws and legislations of the Republic of Singapore, and shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
As used in this Policy:
a. “Client”, “you”, or “your” means the individuals who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or Services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any Services by us; and
b. “Personal Data” means the definition assigned to it under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, and shall include data, whether true or not, about a Client who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
c. “Services” means the classes, courses, workshops and programmes developed, offered and conducted by Maths@Singapore and/or its Staff for the Student under the Contract, and shall include the Core Programmes, Special Programmes and Holiday Programmes;
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of Personal Data which we may collect from you include:
a. Personal information about you and your family members, which may include names, identification particulars, contact details, demographic data, payment details and transaction history;
b. Information and data generated in the course of any continual relationship with Maths@Singapore, for example, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, transfers, replacements, withdrawals, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including mail, telephone, SMS, fax, email, internet and market research;
c. Information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications used by Maths@Singapore;
• Maths@Singapore may also collect video footage, still images, or audio recordings (“Audio Visual Material”) recorded in the course of any classes, programmes or lessons conducted, or other Services rendered by Maths@Singapore,, its staff or contractors. The Audio Visual Material forms part of the Personal Data collected by Maths@Singapore.
• Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
• We generally do not collect your Personal Data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your Personal Data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your Personal Data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of Personal Data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional Personal Data and before using your Personal Data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
We may collect and use your Personal Data for any or all of the following purposes (collectively referred to as “Allowed Purposes”):
a. To provide, operate and administer Maths@Singapore’s Services, or to process applications for Maths@Singapore’s Services, business or financial transactions, and to maintain service quality levels and train staff;
b. To facilitate and administer the Services enrolled by you, including but not limited to providing you with learning or educational material;
c. To provide product-related services and support, including the provision of administrative support, technical assistance and customer alerts;
d. To facilitate operational processes including but not limited to student profile assessments, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis;
e. To maintain accurate Client information and enable enhanced experiences that meet your preferences and needs;
f. To manage Maths@Singapore’s relationship with you, which may include providing information on Maths@Singapore’s products and services, where specifically consented to or where permissible under applicable laws and regulations;
g. Sending you marketing information about our Services, including but not limited to notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions;
h. To facilitate product development and service refinements via customer feedback, data analysis and market research;
i. To perform internal management, to operate management information systems, to carry out and enable internal and external audits;
j. To monitor and record calls and electronic communications with clients for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations;
k. To enforce or defend the rights of Maths@Singapore, its employees, officers and directors;
l. To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
m. For safety, legal and regulatory compliance; and
n. Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
We may disclose your Personal Data:
a. where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the Services requested by you; or
b. to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 6 above for us.
• The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
• We will never sell your Personal Data to third-party entities for the purpose of marketing or other usages not related to providing you with the Services requested by you from Maths@Singapore.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
• The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. By providing us with your Personal Data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such Personal Data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and policies in this Policy. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your Personal Data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
• Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
• Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or Services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 10 above.
• Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
• If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your Personal Data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your Personal Data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing via email to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
• We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any Personal Data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
• To safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection and encryption to secure all storage and transmission of Personal Data by us, and disclosing Personal Data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
• You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
• 20. We generally rely on Personal Data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your Personal Data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing via email at email@example.com .
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
• We may retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
• We will cease to retain your Personal Data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
• We may transmit your Personal Data to our third party service providers and data storage facilities, and other organizations outside of Singapore we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 7. By using the Services of Maths@Singapore, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Data to such third party service providers and data storage facilities we engage to perform any of the functions listed in clause 7. We will take steps to ensure that the third-party service providers and data storage facilities have obligations to provide a standard of protection to your personal data that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA. Please note, however, that we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
• 26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in any event for any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind or for any loss of reputation or goodwill, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, strict liability, statute or otherwise, suffered as a result of unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure of your Personal Data.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
• You may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any enquiries or feedback on our Personal Data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request related to your Personal Data.
EFFECT OF POLICY AND CHANGES TO POLICY
• This Policy applies in conjunction with any other Policys, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data by us.
• We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior Policy. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. We will also provide the updated Policy on our website at www.mathsatsingapore.com/dataprotection. Your continued use of our Services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
• This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.
Effective date: 1 Dec 2021
Last Updated: 1 Dec 2021